Sihlale sithola umbuzo omunye ekhasini lethu laku facebook Diabetic South Africans Facebook page njalo ngesonto: othi bacela sibaphe uhlu lezincweti ezilwa nalesifo emadolobheni ahlukene.
Emva kwalokho ke siye sibuze kwabanolwazi kulendima futhi sithola nezimpendulo ezijabulisayo. Ngikubone kuwu mbono omuhle futhi nongasiza ukuthi ngenze uhlu lwabo ongcweti abanolwazi ngalesifo, bhekani kuleli khasi elilandelayo. Kulabo ngcweti abakuloluhlu kuphindwe kwafakwa izincomo zalaba abasebebasizile bebonga ngosizo lwabo labodokotela. Nabantu abanalo olunye ulwazi ngabanye ongcweti abangekho kuleli khasi bayagqugquzelwa ukuba bafake isandla. Ulwazi abanalo bangalufaka ekhasini lwenkundla yezokuxhumana u facebook elibizwa nge Diabetic South Africans Facebook page.
Loluhlu ke olwabantu abawongcweti kulesifo diabetes community, okubalwa kubo abafundisa ngalesifo emphakathi, kanye no sonhlakahle abasiza abantu abanaso.
Zitholele ungcweti eJoburg:
- Dr Zaheer Bayat
- Dr Sundeep Ruder
- Dr Segal at Donald Gordon (Wits University Donald Gordon Medical Centre)
- Prof Wing at Donald Gorden Institute – (011) 356-6000.
Amazing. He changed my life 4 years ago!
- Dr Adri Kok, Union Hospital, Alberton
- CDE in Houghton – 011 712 6000
Fantastic facility! I’m under the superb control and guidance of Dr. Stanley Landau.
1) Doctors and endocrinologists.
4) Lancet Laboratory
Doesn’t get much better than this!
- Dr Mayet at CDE Houghton is a diabetologist, Dr David Segal specializes in paediatric diabetes.
Depends on whether you have medical aid or not. As a private patient the fees are less than for medical aids.
Dr Segal is a pediatric diabetic endocrinologist and excellent with children.
- Dr Debbie Gordon at the Centre for Diabetes – 011 356 6040.
She is absolutely amazing.
- CDE Houghton:
Podiatrist – Rae Bernstein
Diabetic Nurse Educator – Vanessa Brown
Ophthalmologist – Dr Peter Van Lingen/Dr A Taylor Donald
- Dr Brian Kramer or Prof Larry Distiller.
- Tabitha Hume is a really helpful registered dietician.
- Dr Erasmus and associates in Benoni:
Dr Erasmus is the best
- Diabetic Clinic at Charlotte Maxeke Hospital
Johannesburg Hospital (Charlotte Maxeke) has the best diabetic specialist in SA
- Diabetic Educator Charlotte Meschede at Parkmore Medical Centre
- Dr Reyneke at Life Springs Parkland
- Dr Chiba at Clinton Hospital Alberton
- Dr Andre Pieterse, Linksfield
- Jen Whittal: diabetic educator in Bryanston – 083 441 5089.
She empowers you with choices to make wise decisions that truly have you smiling.
- Dr Jhetam: ophthalmologist at Milpark Hospital and private clinic in Lenasia
Zitholele ungcweti eCenturion:
- Dr Wynand Jacobs near Unitas Centurion
He is the best!
Zitholele ungcweti ePretoria:
- Dr Jacobus van Dyk in Pretoria
The best ever
- Dr Betsie Klopper in Pretoria/Hatfield.
- Dr. Smit at Pretoria East Hospital
- Dr Helena Oosthuizen at Pretoria East Hospital
Zitholele ungcweti eBoksburg:
- Dr Coenie Venter, Healthworx in Boksburg
Zitholele ungcweti eSecunda:
- Jeannie Berg is a diabetes educator at Kosmos Pharmacy
- Dr Bahadur – 0176381253
Zitholele ungcweti eWitbank:
- Dr Lombard and Kate Ratcliff at the Diabetic Clinic in Witbank – 013 697 2407
I have been with them for almost 8 years now and have got my HBA1C from 10.8 to 6.0. They arrange all your yearly appointments with Kate, the diabetic educator, the podiatrist, eye specialist and dietitian. You also see Dr Lombard every time you see the previously mentioned people. They have received awards with the medical association and are all just awesome!
- Dr Kathy Bridgens: ophthamologist
Zitholele ungcweti eThekwini “Durban”:
- Dr Diab in the Kloof area (Highway Diabetes Centre – 031 7658741).
- Dr Randeree at Parklands is an endocrinologist
- Dr Pillay in Westville.
He is a paediatric endocrinologist.
- Dr Govender, Sedeshan Soobramoney
Very good specialist
- Dr Jairam at Kingsway Hospital in Amanzimtoti. Very happy with him.
- Dr Jo Skelton (endocrinologist)
- Fiona Prins
A diabetic specialist par excellence
- Dr Govender in Umhlunga
- Julie Peacock is a Registered Dietitian practising in the Durban North, KZN area. She has lived with Type 1 diabetes for the last 43 years!
Zitholele ungcweti ePietermaritzburg:
- Dr Devan Gounder based at Netcare St Anne’s Medical Centre
- Dr A.Y.D. Moosa – 033 3456222.
He is also the MD of Midlands Medical Hospital in Pietermaritzburg. He is brilliant!
- Dr Russel Kirkby
- Kate Bristow
An excellent diabetes educator
Thola ungcweti eHilton:
- Dr Claudine Lee in Hilton
Zitholele ungcweti eWelkom:
- Dr. Colyn: Internist at MediClinic Welkom
Zitholele ungcweti ePort Elizabeth:
Thola ungcweti e East London:
- Dr Sean Murray
- Unathi Daweti: diabetes nurse educator
She is the best…
Thola ungcweti eKapa “Cape Town”:
- Prof Joel Dave
- Dr Neville Wellington
- Dr Hennie Nortje – N1 City Medical Chambers – 021 595 0922/3
- Prof Francois Bonnici, UCT Hospital
- Tygerberg Hospital
It is a referral hospital but has an amazing team in Endocrinology. Prof Zollner is amazing!
- Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital
Also popular with those of us with no medical aid!
- Tracy Ugarchund, dietician with a special interest in diabetes: Constantiaberg Mediclinic
Translation by Siboniso Langa
[…] ngo Type 1 & Type 2? Ukuhlelela ukudla ngendlela elinganisiwe “A balanced meal plan” Ongcweti abahamba phambili ekulweni nesifo sikashukela eNingizimu Afrika Ukudla okunempilo […]