Here are some interesting facts and tips from Diabecinn about foot ulcers… See what you think!
A recent US study by The Analysis Group showed that foot ulcers led to large medical bills for diabetics – almost double the other costs of treating the condition, according to health portal McKnight’s.com. The study analysed just over 30 000 patients with and without foot ulcers over a 12-month period and showed that foot ulcers contribute to major medical expenses for diabetics.
Diabetics with foot ulcers can seek relief with Diabecinn Feetcare cream, which contains natural oils and active ingredients such as urea which helps hydrate dry feet. Diabecinn Feetcare cream is part of the Diabecinn range of products for Type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol which contain a natural, water-based cinnamon extract, proven to help stabilize blood sugar levels.
“Debilitating feet conditions can lead to psychological and physical implications and Diabecinn Feetcare cream can provide relief if used correctly and frequently” said Giulia Criscuolo, pharmacist for Litha Pharma which markets and distributes the Diabecinn range in SA.
In addition to using Diabecinn Feetcare cream, here are further feet care tips for diabetics:
- Wash and dry feet daily.
- Use mild soap and warm water. Pat your feet dry, don’t rub them. Use Diabetes Feetcare cream on your feet to prevent cracking but do not rub cream or body lotions between your toes.
- Examine your feet daily by checking the top and the bottom for any cracked/dry skin, blisters, cuts, corns, calluses, redness or tenderness.
- Take care of toenails by cutting them regularly after bathing. Cut straight and smooth and avoid cutting into the corners of toes. Check regularly for ingrown toenails.
- Wear comfortable shoes at all times, especially when exercising.
- Always wear shoes and socks. Avoid wearing high heels and going barefoot. Do not wear new shoes for more than an hour at a time, change your socks daily and wear loose-fitting natural fibre socks (cotton, wool or a blend).
Diabecinn Feetcare cream is available at health shops, pharmacies, Dis-Chem, Clicks, Pick n Pay, Wellness Warehouse and Medi-Rite.