Together with BD, we’ve been sharing insulin injection tips in a series. In case you missed them, so far we’ve shared advice and tips about how to inject, where to inject, what to do with used needles, and the risks of injecting in the same place, with blunt needles (lipohypertrophy!).
Injection technique series
Here’s the series of articles, in case you missed any:
- Are you making this mistake when injecting?
- Do you rotate your injection sites?
- Why it’s important to change your needles
- What do you do with used needles?
- How do you choose the right length needles for insulin injections?
How to inject insulin
But sometimes the best way to be shown something is with a video – so that you can actually see what to do. Watch this video for details on exactly how to inject insulin.
Helpful tips for injecting insulin
A few helpful tips from the video:
- Only use a needle once.
- Rotate your injection sites each week.
- Move your injection site down by a finger’s width each injection.
- Inject straight in, not at an angle.
- Press and hold the injection button for 10 seconds.
- Throw away your needle in a special sharps container.
Do you have any questions about how to inject insulin? Ask us here!