In collaboration with Milnerton Medi Clinic and Kenilworth Medicross, we have recently started implementing small group health education sessions, and I would like to invite you to attend. The aim of this initiative is to make health education fun and accessible to everyone, with excellent, sustainable results. I firmly believe that knowledge is power, particularly when it comes to our health, and unfortunately there are too many people around who have not been given enough knowledge to look after themselves properly.
If you feel that someone you care about would benefit from accurate medical advice, with step by step guidance and a whole lot of empathy, please pass this information forward.
1. Pre-diabetes: what is it, why is it important and how can I reverse it?
2. Diabetes: what is it, how does it affect me and how can I manage it?
3. Diabetes: looking after yourself to avoid foot complications
4. Weight Loss and BMI: Eating correctly to control your sugar levels, lose weight and lower your BMI
5. Emotional Eating – conquer comfort eating
6. Glycaemic Index: what is it and how can I use it for weight loss and blood sugar control?
7. Cholesterol: what is it and how can I control it?
8. High blood pressure: what is it and how can I control it?
9. Body Mass Index (BMI): what is mine, what should it be, why is it important and how do I change it?
10. Carbohydrate Counting: how do I do it and why should I?
11. Exercise: how much should I be doing and what kind is best for me?
12. Blood Glucose Monitoring: tips, techniques, schedules and a FREE meter!
13. Thyroid Disorders: losing weight with a low functioning thyroid
14. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: what is it and what can I do about it?
15. Setting SMART goals and overcoming obstacles to actually achieving them
The session lasts up to one and a half hours. You will be given an informal lecture on the topic of discussion and then have the opportunity to ask questions. The group is small to allow each person to be interactive, to share their own experience and get personalized advice. Notes and meal plans/diet sheets will be given where applicable. Refreshments will also be served.
The registration form needs to be emailed or faxed to in order to book a place. Fax number is 086 594 7777 and email is adfinlwc at gmail.com
Places are available on a first come first served basis, and they are limited to maximum 10 per group, so if you are keen please register by sending the above information as quickly as possible to avoid disappointment. You will then be sent the bank details. A place can be held for you for 48 hours, after which you will need to have made payment and faxed/emailed proof of this. This will then secure your booking.
Cost (per person):
The more sessions you book and pay for at once, the bigger your discount!
Book 1 session: R100
Book 2 sessions: R190 for both
Book 3 sessions: R270 for all
Book 4 sessions: R340 for all
Book 5 sessions: R410 for all
You may choose either to come to Milnerton Medi-Clinic boardroom, or to Kenilworth Medicross boardroom. Free secure parking is available at both venues.
Milnerton Medi-Clinic sessions are on a Friday at 10am. Kenilworth Medicross sessions are on various days from Monday to Thursday at either 10am-11-30am OR 2-30pm-4pm.
Work Venue Option – No Travel Hassle!
If you would like to create a group at your home or office, we can try to accommodate you. Minimum 6 people are needed for an “away” group, and maximum 10. You just need to provide an area with enough space for the group, preferably seated around a table, and Lara will make arrangements to come to your venue. The cost per person is R120, to cover time and travel costs. Please ask for more details if you are interested in this option.