We would like to ask your support for a very important initiative: the IDF campaign on the occasion of the UN High Level Meeting (HLM) on NCDs.
As we have explained previously, the HLM will take place on September 27, and will be the most important political meeting for the diabetes community of the last four years. During this meeting, global and national progress on diabetes and NCDs will be assessed, and the countries will decide which actions they will develop over the next four years.
We would like to ask you for the following diabetes selfie:
1. Write your HLM message on a piece of paper:
o On the first line, write: #HLM2018
o On the second line, write what you think is more important for people with diabetes in the coming 4 years, choosing one of the following options:
- Improve prevention of diabetes complications
- Conduct T2D prevention initiatives
- Improve diabetes education and awareness
- Ensure access to affordable essential diabetes medicines and supplies
- Improve access to quality diabetes care
- Guarantee Universal Health Coverage
- End discrimination against people with diabetes
- Defend the rights of people with diabetes
- Increase investment in diabetes care
- Increase budget for diabetes care and medicines
- Develop new funding mechanisms for diabetes care
- Engage and empower people with diabetes
2. Take a nice picture of yourself with the paper.
3. Send it to Blue Circle Voices as soon as possible.
We will use your pictures in the coming months on the IDF social media channels.
As much as possible, please share this action with your networks. The more support we can gather, the more likely governments are to listen and take action!